I don't know why, but I just felt like taking inventory to remember which books I've read haha but perhaps it will also inspire anyone who reads my blog still (which feels far and few in between these days...T_T lol jkjk) to pick up some of these titles!
Waiting by Ha Jin
Humility by CJ Mahaney
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-sook Shin
A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
The Prodigal God by Tim Keller
Room by Emma Donoghue
*The Atlantic magazine's fiction issue this summer definitely had a lot of memorable short stories in there; I think reading it is what really got me motivated to start writing again.
I'm trying to think of what other books to read before my summer becomes officially over...I know The Help is a big deal right now, especially with the movie and everything too, but I don't know, for some reason, I'm hesitant to pick it up. Maybe it's because of all the hype that I'm reluctant? Suggestions are welcome!
[On a somewhat related sidenote, I keep coming back to my week 6 assignment from my Shakespeare class last year because part of me wants to develop it into something for my short story collection, and yet, every time I read it (very quick read - it's less than one page single-spaced), it's just too...close for comfort. I like it the way it is, save for a few awkward word choices here and there, but yeah. I don't know. I wonder how memoirists feel o.o]
No comments:
Post a Comment